Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Delectable Valentine @ Sage Restaurant & Wine Bar, KL

Me and you. It's Valentine's Day and we're at my favorite restaurant - Sage KL. They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, the same applies for this girl here ;)




We're dining here on Valentine's eve, away from the Valentine crowd. Good choice Hubby :) Let's go for a 4-course lunch today, you say. Oh yes, please.

We started off with the green tea buckwheat noodle with panache of seafood, aonoriko and caviar, prettily garnished with edible flowers and herbs. The seafood, which included raw scallops, tuna and prawn was super fresh and delicate. My favorite dish of the afternoon :)






Next came the warm starter, the black truffle risotto served with glazed duck breast and luscious foie gras. Quite happy with the size of the foie, and the sauce was absolutely delicious. We mopped it all up with the warm bread.


Mains was grain fed beef served two ways - on one side we have the wasabi crusted beef cheek and on the other grilled beef, served with yuzukosho and red wine sauce.I prefer my beef naked, hence the grilled beef gets my vote.


Dessert was fantastic, possibly one of the best ones we've had at Sage over the years - a rich, creamy mille feuille of praline with toffee anglaise and almond nougat. What a great way to end our meal :)





Pork-free.

For their weekly lunch menu, click here. Full a la carte menu here.

Dress code: Smart casual.

Opening hours: Lunch:Monday to Friday 12.00pm to 2.00pm; Dinner:Monday to Saturday 6.00pm to 10.30pm. Closed on Sunday.

Price: RM100 nett per person for 3-course lunch RM120 nett for 4-course.

Location: Sage Restaurant & Wine Bar, The Gardens Residences, Level 6, The Gardens, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur.

Tel: 03-2268 1328

*Children below the age of 6 are not allowed in the restaurant.



If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates. Thanks :)

7 comments:

  1. I'm so tempted to the first dish! Beautifully presented and packed with seafood goodness, most importantly, my favorite green tea bucked wheat noodles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romantic meal in a good ambience restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Yen,

    I like this place... Lucky you! Food looks delicious and ambiance is nice and romantic!

    Valentine's day (or eve) is just another day for me... Being the maid for the family! Sad :(

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Yen,
    Wow, what a gorgeous and romantic Valentine meal!
    Just like Zoe, it is just any other day for me too, and being the maid for the family as well! Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yen, how lovely! Read Zoe and Joyce's comments and could not help laughing. I am better than them - Old Maid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dessert does look very special indeed I have to say! :D What a lovely meal for Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a gorgeous restaurant! I love how they present food, and the lovely atmosphere. How nice you had a nice Valentine meal! We just ate at home as my son was sick...(but I think we would have stayed home despite he was sick or not! Ahhh!).

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...