Monday, March 5, 2012

Brunch @ Wild Honey, Scott's Square, Singapore

Since our hotel stay did not include breakfast, I asked around for a good breakfast place on Orchard Road that we could go to. Two places were recommended to us - Wild Honey and Jones the Grocer. We ended up going to Wild Honey since we went for a little wander across the road to Scott's Square from Hilton Singapore, where we were staying.

Eggs Benedict ;)

Apparently, Wild Honey has a no-photography policy but we didn't know until we were leaving the premises and someone saw Hubby taking photos with my iPhone4S and told him to stop. What is it with establishments that don't allow people to take photos? I don't understand it. Anyway...

The decor in Wild Honey is pretty nice and the ambiance is good too, I wouldn't mind spending the morning here with a bunch of friends and enjoying breakfast. When we arrived, we were told that there would be a 30 minute wait if we wanted a table unless we sat on the bar stools (where the huge columns are), it didn't really bother us so we went for that option.  They have photos of the food on an iPad which you can flick through at the cashier counter while waiting for the table to be set.

Wild Honey, Scotts Square

Some decor around the restaurant



Pretty




The menu consists of all day breakfast items, sandwiches, tarts, and some sweets. There are 16 breakfast items to choose from, we had a pretty tough time deciding as they all sounded good. In the end, we settled for the English and European breakfast, as well as a pot of organic Chilean rose hip tea (S$6) to share.

Rosehip tea has a tart flavour



Love all the touches here and there which adds to the overall ambience

Hubby had the European breakfast (S$18), which is Wild Honey's version of eggs benedict - two perfectly poached egg, sauteed mushrooms (underneath the eggs which you cant see in the photo), imported Italian prosciutto and homemade Hollandaise sauce on their signature brioche. We were both very impressed with this - the brioche was very nice and the whole combination of eggs, mushrooms and prosciutto went well together. I wish I had ordered this.



Beautiful poached eggs


I had the English breakfast (S$22) which was the full works with pork (yes!) back bacon and Cumberland sausage, as well as eggs any way, sauteed mushrooms, Dad's baked beans, breakfast potatoes, grilled vine ripened tomatoes, and signature brioche. I chose to have scrambled eggs, and they turned out to be pretty good (soft and fluffy). I also loved the brioche, they were very soft though not as buttery as the ones we make (different type probably but no complains). The only thing I didn't like was the baked beans... I would have no problems if they gave me baked beans out of the tin (I like those actually with breakfast) but I think this is homemade using borlotti beans if I'm not wrong and the sauce is slightly spicy with a Mexican-kinda influence. I couldn't eat it and passed it to Hubby.  Overall, it was a good breakfast though.


Love the brioche!

Nice fluffy scrambled eggs


Dad's baked beans


Pork bacon!


We watched the kitchen action from where we sat... very very busy!


Nice colorful glass structure at Scotts Square entrance

Verdict: A great breakfast/brunch place or just catching up with friends. 

Wild Honey also has another outlet in Mandarin Gallery. Full set of photos available to view here. 

Opening times: Monday to Friday 9am-10.30pm, weekends 8am-10.30pm.

Service: Good.

Price: Total bill was SGD 54.15.

Location: Wild Honey, 6 Scott's Square, #03-01, Scotts Road, Singapore.

Tel: +65 6636 1816

Website: http://www.wildhoney.com.sg

*All photos taken with iPhone4S.

21 comments:

  1. Huh..no photos allowed?? So 'pa pai'??
    BTW..The English Breakfast looks so beautiful & appetizing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why la.. but apparently many Singapore restaurants have this no-photography policy. KL also got a few.

      Delete
  2. Oh... I love my breakfast BIG, very BIG I mean, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you very kuat makan in the morning also?

      Delete
  3. WHAT? No photos allowed? It's not like someone would steal their ideas or something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know. But seems like many restaurants are practicing this policy nowadays.

      Delete
  4. i have no idea where all ur food goes.. ur so fit!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. because they don't want bad review on their restaurant but turns out to back fire them without realizing this stupid policy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've got nothing to worry about, the restaurant is very nice and food is good too. They should rethink their policy.

      Delete
  6. wah, i do like the look of both the food & the restaurant. and if their breakfast is this great, i'd have high hopes for their dinner menu too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they dont have a dinner menu as such, just an all day breakfast menu (they have items like salmon etc).

      Delete
  7. I would definitely breakfast like a king everyday if I had a spread like that all the time! Those egg benedicts look particularly poised..=D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eggs benedict were beautiful... I keep glancing over to Hubby's plate, hoping he would give me another bite. ;P

      Delete
  8. Breakfasts look great! The no photo policy would annoy me enough to go somewhere else though! I just don't understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently many places in Singapore do that. Luckily I didn't encounter any other.

      Delete
  9. oh healthy breakfast it is! how about lunch and dinner menu? :) looking forward to your updates

    Latest: Penang Food Festival

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they only have an all day breakfast menu here... we had cakes later at another place. Will blog it soon ;)

      Delete
  10. Love the breakfast/brunch here! Their pancakes are also darn good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im going this sunday... Excited! Any suggest what i should order? XD

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am writing as an extremely upset almost-customer. So, Wild Honey says it closes at 10pm. I was from Orchard Then travelled to Outram Park then travelled back to Somerset on the hunt for a breakfast meal for dinner for my boyfriend who was staying at work late. What else tops bacon and eggs for the guy? Nothing much really. I wanted to get him something nice for dinner to maybe brighten his day at least a little as he's been having to work late these past couple of weeks. SO, I travelled from Outram all the way back to Wild Honey at Mandarin Gallery and reached the place at 9:06pm. I told the long, dyed-brown haired lady in black at the door I'd like to order takeaway but she said they were closed. I enquired,'I thought you guys closed at 10?' She replied that for tonight they were closing at 9pm. Disappointed, I went out. However, due to the time, I thought it'd be almost impossible to get to another place that served all-day breakfast at most places close at 9:30pm, so I went in again and told her about how I was trying to get dinner for my boyfriend who was staying late at work and she said,"Oh, we've already closed the cash register." I ended up taking a cab down to The Book Cafe and taking a cab back to Somerset station, then headed to my boyfriend's work place. And now I'm home and it's 12am. WOULD IT HAVE BEEN THAT HARD TO OPEN THE CASH REGISTER AGAIN?????? it was only 6 minutes past your non-usual closing time. Jesus. No thanks to that lady, my time was totally wasted on running around.

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...